Me

Me
it even says my name...in case you forgot

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Arrival to Herot

Today we arrived to Herot. We were led by one of Hrothgars’ men. When I saw Hrothgar I felt an overwhelming sense of sadness. The look on his face assured me that Grendels’ wrath was both profound and loathsome. Later I attended a feast in my honor. Hrothgar turned to me and said he would fill my ship with treasures should I succeed in riding Herot of Grendels influence. I merely nodded. I’m not doing this just for gold. I'm doing it for honor. We were always encouraged, back home, to seek adventure. "For glory and honor!" or so we were told. My thoughts were interrupted by a drunken Unferth. “Are you the same fool who fought a swimming match with Brecca...?” He went on to say how we were fools. That I've been lucky in my battles and how my luck may change should I battle with Grendel. I pity him. Jealousy has overcome him. I told him about the swimming match with Brecca. How Brecca couldn't out swim me. That it was I who decided to stay by Breccas' side. Loyalty had kept me there as well as friendship. I told him I stayed by Breccas side for six nights until a flood swept me away. How neither he nor Brecca could match me. "Unferth if your hands were as hard, your heart as fierce as you think, no fool would dare raid your hall, ruin Herot as Grendel has...” When I was done he left. At least now I can get some peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment